Thursday, April 28, 2011

Animal Indexing

So, a while ago we had this dude that came into our class to talk about the growing problem of animal overpopulation in the Valley. He showed us that after only a few generations of cats, 2 cats will soon become over 300 cats!! That's insane. So, to include us in his research, we have to do an indexing project. It's the easiest homework I've ever gotten in my life. Basically, we take a 30 minute walk, and count the animals. We were asked to count all feral dogs, owned dogs, and any cats, as well as any other animals we encounter. The company will then collect this data and use the information to determine if spaying and neutering animals helps the abandoned animals numbers. This is actually a pretty cool and effective way to count these animals.
I have two walks down and two walks to go. On my first walk I only saw a few animals but on my second walk I saw a lot more dogs, cats, and SQUIRRELS!!!
This activity is probably the easiest homework assignment I've gotten in a long long time, and it forces me to get my exercise. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment